machine knitting midgauge standard bulky machknit knit machine-knit patterns

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Machine Knit charity stuff


It's been so cold here, all I feel like doing is staying in and knitting. I suppose that's a good thing, although this winter is getting mighty long. It was -12 F when I got up this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

I've been using up some yarn, as usual. The scarves are just 60 stitches of 1 x 1 rib, about 600 rows. This time I've been using 3 strands of fine yarn: one tan, one gray and one variegated. Makes kind of a nice color combo. I think it would work for a boy or girl. The headbands are probably for girls, tho.

The hat is doubled, English rib. It should be toasty!


So, that's five more items to add to my charity goal. One of these days I'll count how many I have and how far I still need to go. Funny how those cones with the fine yarn never seem to get smaller.....

No comments: