machine knitting midgauge standard bulky machknit knit machine-knit patterns
Friday, May 6, 2011
I wrote a second DAK book (and cleverly named it Doing DAK II) in time for the 2011 Purls of Joy seminar held last weekend in Princeton, MN. I have some copies left and am offering them for sale here. What's on the CD, you ask?
Doing DAK II expands on skills learned in the first book. This series of lessons assumes you are more comfortable with the program, have integrated some basic skills, and you’re ready to move on to more complicated work.
• How to save designs, graphics and shapes and how to organize your DAK folders
• Doing an “Alpha Pillow” project for a special kid to hone your Stitch Designer skills
• How to download and use free dingbat fonts to create designs
• Pattern drafting using Standard Garment Styling, then taking it into Original Pattern Drafting to fine tune. How to turn a sweater design to knit it sideways. Reduce your OPD (Original Pattern Drafting) anxiety.
• Learn shortcuts.
• Make use of more tricks in Original Pattern Drafting: cut up a sweater into sections that contain different stitch types or designs
• How to use the Graphics Studio to convert and save your fairisle graphs
• How to create custom sizes for yourself, family and friends rather than using DAK’s standard sizes
• Read a variety of topics that may make your DAK experience better
• Build your own Norwegian sweater like a pro
The cd also contains 60 stitch patterns for you to use on projects in the lessons or in your own designs. Here's just one example:
You can purchase through Paypal for $25.00 and I won't charge you for shipping (USA and Canada).