machine knitting midgauge standard bulky machknit knit machine-knit patterns

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Machine Knit Cowl: Sticky Fingers


I've come up with an unusual cowl knit with Noro Kureyon yarn. It's done on the midgauge machine, but could also be easily done on the bulky machine. No ribber is required to make this cowl, but there are no seams. Beginner level skills are required. Doesn't take very long to knit and makes a unique statement while showing off the gorgeous colors of Noro. It will coordinate with lots of different outfits too. You can fold it over, as I have done in the picture, or you can wear it single thickness and let it "scrunch". Both the stockinette side and the purl sides are attractive.
With the winter we've been having, I find I can use all the warmth I can get. The title came to me because this yarn can be a little sticky when knitting on a machine and the fringe reminds me of fingers. Not so clever, but whatever. You can purchase the pattern through PayPal for $4.00 US.





2 comments:

Jemajo said...

Oh, that does look cosy Mar!

Mar said...

Thanks, Mary. It's so cold here--I'm having an affair with wool. I bet you can relate.